Thursday, August 4, 2011

A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend. ~Author Unknown

In hopes that I actually keep this blog up to date the way I want to I've decided to dedicate one quote that I like to each post. I do not necessarily follow/believe what every quotes says. Some I might just think are funny but either way I'm going to do it. Onto my post for the day!

This past weekend the entire family (and I mean all 10 of us...) ventured to our house in Dewey Beach to celebrate my dad's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!).

With a family as big as mine it is really overwhelming to have weekend trips such as this one. As much as sometimes I dread them because of the inevitable disagreements and moments of tension I am so happy to be here with them. They really know how to bring me down to earth and remind me whats most important in life.

my sister Amanda, me and My dad at my homecoming senior year



For my beach reading this year I'm trying to be a more "mature" reader. Take that whatever way you want but in my eyes that means books where the characters are not still in high school and the plot revolves around whether or not they get asked to prom....

At 21 years old I figure its time to educate myself and read books that will actually make me think, not melt my brain cells.
So I got a kindle! :)



My book list so far consists of:

1) Dork Whore by Iris Bahr

2) Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner

3) Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard

4) If you have to cry go outside by Kelly Cutrone

5) Bossypants by Tina Fey

6) The Help by Kathryn Stockett

...so far so good I think! I finished up Dork Whore and Certain Girls within the week (what happens when you have too much time on your hands) and I have now moved onto If you have to cry go outside by Kelly Cutrone. Any girl who isn't sure what she wants to do or how to get there I highly suggest this book. For those of you who didn't spend high school viewing Ms. Cutrone kicking butt on The Hills then you should know...shes tough...

This book is like getting a kick in the rear end from your future boss who loves you and wants whats best for you but isn't afraid to tell you you're stupid and get out of her office. I LOVEEE her!


I think there is nothing better then a book that makes you think. This book has the wheels turning for me. Everytime I pick it up I know I'm going to learn something new and I'm actually excited about it! Once again, highly suggested!

Are there any books that really make you think? Any books you would suggest for my more "mature" reading?


No comments:

Post a Comment