Thursday, August 11, 2011

Curves in all the right places

In my free time since Italy I have discovered some very interesting tv shows. One (fortunately only watched it once and won't be watching it again) is a show on Style called Big Rich Texas

One of the lovely ladies on the show wanted to go back to being a model like she was when she was 18-26. She was now in her 40s. She met with an agent who proccedded to tell her that at a size 4 (4!!!) she was considered a plus size model. 

In case your as shocked as I am let me say it again, size 4 = PLUS SIZE MODEL!

Whitney Cycle ten winner of America's Next Top Model and PLUS SIZE MODEL?

 
Now as a girl who has struggled with her weight her entire life this did not make me happy...to say the least. I have spent the last two years working my a** off to be a better me. Let me tell you I feel great! Working out and eating better really does help out with confidence etc. However, I am doing it for me. Not for what the general public says is the right size.

I am naturally very curvy. I have big boobs, big hips, a curvy stomach and long legs. For the first time in my life I am not afraid of my curves. 

So I am dedicating today's post to my favorite curvy women!

1) Christina Hendricks- who doesn't look at this women and think beautiful?? 





2) Sofia Vergara- I absolutely love her, especially now that I've started watching Modern Family. On top of her amazing curves and confidence she has a great sense of humor!
  3) Beyonce- I'm not a huge fan of her music but her confidence and "women can do anything" attitude is pretty awesome. Not to mention her curves kick all those size 0 girls butts!

4) finally I want to praise Italian and Australian Vogue for recently putting "plus size" models in their magazines! These women look gorgeous and curvy!







Basically, I am sick of seeing these stick skinny girls representing the clothes being sold to me. I am not a stick by any means and I will never be a size 2...but I'm ok with that. 
I'm waiting for the day I can flip through a magazine and see girls of average size representing the fashion I admire so much. 

Here's to hoping....

1 comment: