Friday, August 19, 2011

First Fad Friday!

Fridays equal Fad day at Kiss to Send Us Off. 

This means that every Friday I will be discussing a new clothing, accessory, etc trend! Yay trends!!

So for the very first Fad Friday lets talk about Jumpsuits

Lovely, fun new trend or gas station attendant?
Now when I think of jumpsuits (and I mean pants with a top attached..not rompers) I usually picture the old man with a beer belly named Bob working at the local Exon station...


Although he does look absolutely adorable. It isn't exactly the look I'm going for on a night out on the town. While in Italy this summer I noticed a lot of women rocking the denim jumpsuits around town. Although I couldn't help but think they looked ridiculous these women had a confidence about them that made me think twice. They not only looked trendy and cute but comfortable! What a concept!

Lately, jumpsuits have been popping up everywhere. Especially on celebrities out on the town in the heat of summer. Even though the summer is ending I am fully prepared to buy my first jumpsuit and bring this trend into the New England fall.

So here we go....splurge or save? These are the jumpsuits I can see myself rocking to the bars this fall.

1. Young, Fabulous and Broke Strapless Denim Jumpsuit- $163.99































or

2. Forever 21 Halter Jumpsuit - $24.80





































I like them both a lot but I can't make up my mind! I don't want anything too in your face. I believe if your going to wear so much fabric it should be a solid color that you can play up with a lot of fun accessories.

So here I go...which one do you think I should pick? Be honest! 

Also, what do you think of the jumpsuit trend? Do you think you could rock one or not for you?

6 comments:

  1. the 2nd, i love the flare leg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 2nd jumpsuit!
    It has a great boho feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first is cute, but I honestly would go with the second - it's a little less trendy, so maybe you'd get a little more use out of it...though I suppose jumpsuits are crazy trendy anyway! Women in Italy were really wearing denim jumpsuits?!?! I gotta find some photos of this! :)

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I wish I had gotten pictures but I didn't wan to insult anyone haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the second?

    VL for STYLEFOX
    http://victorialoraine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete