Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pictures finallyyyy









Finally found a way to upload pictures to my blogger! My friend's apartment has internet so i will probably be able to blog more often!

I am still having the time of my life here and I have no idea how to describe where I am or how amazing it is. Everyday is a new adventure and even though it is the same people from the town every night, they never cease to be amazing. Some are very creepy and cross the line often but most of them are just amazed by us and all that is America.

The most interesting thing to me being in this town is the way the women act in comparison to how we act. They never wear shorts or skirts! Even when its hot as hell outside you won't catch them showing off their legs. It makes me sweat just looking at them! Also they do not drink or walk into a bar without a man by their side.

While having a conversation with one of the young locals who speaks english the other night he told me his girlfriend was home because he didn't like when she drank so she sits at home and waits for him to come back. Needless to say, I was disgusted.

If this trip has taught me anything so far its not only do i love learning about other countries and cultures and seeing them in person but I also couldn't be prouder of my independence and confidence in myself. I don't need to be accompanied by a guy to order a drink at the bar and I will never need to be. I will always pride myself in my freedom and ability to be my own person.

No comments:

Post a Comment